This Road Safety at Work online course provides an overview of the road safety responsibilities of employers and supervisors with provincially regulated organizations when their employees drive for work within B.C. It recommends best practices and provides links to tools and resources you can use to help meet your occupational health and safety responsibilities.
The information focuses on the basic requirements of the Workers Compensation Act and Occupational Health and Safety Regulation. They cover nearly all employers operating in B.C. (Exceptions are made for mines and federally-regulated workplaces.) The information is divided into lessons explaining responsibilities for employers, supervisors, and drivers. Be sure to complete all lessons since some responsibilities are shared or can be delegated.
The course concludes with an overview of other provincial and federal road safety regulations that may apply to you.
Key Points Before Getting Started
These fundamental points about road safety in B.C. will help you understand and apply the course material.
(Instructions: Click on each arrow to learn more)
By the end of this course you'll be able to:
- Describe your basic responsibilities for road safety as an employer or supervisor of employees who drive for work.
- Apply the road safety requirements of the Workers Compensation Act and Occupational Health and Safety Regulation to your workplace safety system.
- Create or improve your own road safety policies to help fulfill your requirements, using tools and resources from Road Safety at Work and WorkSafeBC.
- Identify other provincial and federal regulations relevant to the driving done in your workplace.
Note: Throughout this course, you’ll read phrases such as “you’re responsible for,” “you need to,” and “you have a duty to.” This wording means the actions specified are mandatory.
- First-time users please Register for an account to get started!
- Returning users please Log In and click on the ‘Take this Course’ button below to start accessing the course content.
NOTE: If you’ve already clicked the ‘Take this Course’ button, it will not re-appear.