Purpose and learning objectives
This course has two main purposes. First, the course explains why it is important for employers to know what driving skills and behaviours their employees have, identifying the benefits that knowledge provides and how it ties into addressing legal requirements.
The second purpose is to identify and explain the tools available to help employers determine what driving skills and behaviours employees already have, and the resources they can use to ensure each employee has the competencies they need to safely and successfully carry out driving assignments.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the practical benefits of evaluating employee driving skills and behaviours
- Identify legal duties around ensuring employees are qualified to carry out assigned driving
- Describe several methods and tools for evaluating driver competencies
- Access and apply a process to carry out basic driver assessments
- Identify tools and services that are suitable for addressing skill gaps identified in those assessments, and how to access those resources
- Explain ways employers can support employees to acquire necessary driving competencies
This course has five lessons.
Click on each heading to expand and learn more.
Throughout the course, you will find information in text, videos, interactive graphics and activities. Lessons involve practical scenarios and activities designed to help you understand the concepts and methods so you can apply them to driving circumstances in your workplace.
Quizzes at the end of topics will help prepare you for the final quiz, but do not count towards your final score. Once you have finished all lessons, complete the final quiz (pass score = 75%) and print your Record of Completion to verify your success. You have an unlimited number of attempts to complete the final quiz.
This course should take approximately 1.5 to 2.0 hours to complete.
Click on the first topic to get started!